ENRICHEnabling Research in Care Homes
Resources for Residents family and public
Written by care home staff and researchers, our case studies provide real life examples of challenges and lessons learned by those involved in research. They help describe how others have approached particular challenges, such as acquiring consent, involving care home managers and gaining staff buy-in.
The studies also illustrate the short-term and long-term benefits to care homes and help staff to understand what is involved.
We have also collated a set of Useful Links to organisations, resources and other information.
- Alzheimer’s Research UK
Types of Research
- ARUK – Explore a Dementia Research Lab
Dementia UK provides specialist dementia support for families through our Admiral Nurse service.
My home life
Is a new initiative aimed at improving the quality of life of those who are living, dying, visiting and working in care homes for older people. It provides hub of information and shares best practice with those working in this setting.
- NHS Choices – Joining a trial
- NIHR Clinical Trials, what they are and what they are not – leaflet
- NIHR Understanding clinical trials – leaflet
- People in Research
- Search for the latest research in your area
- Social Care Institute for Excellence – Living in care, a positive outcome
- UKCRN – Current Research Available