ENRICHEnabling Research in Care Homes
NIHR ARC care home network summary of COVID-19 research
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic the cross-ARC care home network have identified 9 COVID-19 specific care home projects.
The NIHR Applied Research Collaborations (ARC) created a cross-ARC care home network to bring together a network of health and care professionals, researchers and members of the public who are interested in applied health research in care homes.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the ARC care home network has drawn together research underway through the NIHR ARC’s on care homes. The projects address areas such as:
- The impact on how the NHS and care homes work together
- Managing difficult conversations and decisions
- The impact on the mental health of care home staff
- Developing new evidence-based resources and ways of working to respond to care home staff questions
- Strategies to reduce infection rates between residents.