Privacy & Disclaimer
ENRICHEnabling Research in Care Homes
Privacy & Disclaimer
Privacy & Disclaimer
The ENRICH website and its databases are managed in collaboration between the NIHR School for Social Care Research (NIHR SSCR) and the NIHR Clinical Research Network (NIHR CRN); both are within the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR). The website is managed by NIHR SSCR, with the ENRICH network managed by NIHR CRN. All data provided through the ENRICH website will be managed by NIHR SSCR, with data relating to the ENRICH network being securely shared with NIHR CRN.
The Department of Health and Social Care (“DHSC”) is the Data Controller for the ENRICH System under the Data Protection Act 2018, the UK GDPR and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“Data Protection Laws”).
This Policy may be changed from time to time by updating this page.
About the NIHR Clinical Research Network Coordinating Centre (CRNCC)
The NIHR CRNCC is a service provided by the Consortium (University of Leeds and Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust), supported by a wider partnership which includes King’s College London, Imperial College London, Newcastle University, University of Liverpool and PA Consulting Services Limited
The CRNCC manages the NIHR Clinical Research Network (“CRN“) on behalf of the Department of Health and Social Care. The CRN makes it possible for people across England to participate in research studies. The CRN provides the infrastructure that allows high-quality research funded by charities, research funders and life-sciences industry to be undertaken. The CRN provides practical help in identifying and recruiting people for research studies, so that researchers can be confident of completing the study on time and as planned. The CRN supports around 5,000 research studies each year.
The information we collect
The CRNCC collects your personal data on behalf of and as directed by the Department of Health and Social Care.
Information is collected directly and indirectly. When you join the ENRICH network we ask that you provide information via an online registration form. This information is collected and submitted into our membership database as follows:
- Contact name and managers name
- Email address
- Company name, address and telephone number
- Information about the organisation such as number of staff and beds so that we can match you with suitable research studies.
ENRICH data is stored as follows:
- The NIHR Clinical Research Network Coordinating Centre (CRNCC) collects, stores and manages care home data relating to ENRICH network membership.
- The NIHR School for Social Care Research (NIHR SSCR) manages the ENRICH website.
- Where care homes join ENRICH via an NHS Trust, the respective NHS Trust may hold additional contact related information about the care home and their interactions with the network
How and why we use your personal data
Personal and/or organisational data provided will be used for the operational administration and management of the ENRICH Network and ENRICH website. The personal data we collect may vary depending on the nature of your interaction with the ENRICH network.
- Contact information including the creation of contact and distribution lists;
- The facilitation of networking with research teams and inclusion in relevant distribution lists;
- Managing and issuing invites to events that we believe may be of a professional interest to you;
- Issue of a quarterly newsletter – which you can unsubscribe to at any time;
- Contacting you regarding research taking place;
- Processing any requests you make;
- Providing you with information about social care research and the ENRICH network
- Contacting you from time to time regarding programmes and services that are relevant to you;
- Contacting you to request input and seek views regarding service improvement..
How we protect your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We use leading technologies and encryption software to safeguard your data, and maintain strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it.
We will not sell or share your personal data with others outside the NIHR, NIHR SSCR and the NIHR Clinical Research Network.
Your data is held on the following platforms:
- The NIHR Open Data Platform servers are located in Ireland and Germany with no data being shared outside the UK/EU.
- Data on the NIHR Google Hub is distributed across multiple Google data centres, specifically across Europe. These data centres include Dublin (Ireland), Eemshaven (Netherlands), Fredericia (Denmark), Hamina (Finland) and St. Ghislain (Belgium).
If a machine, or even an entire data centre fails, data will be accessible. Google keeps these data centres operational 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Google offers a 99.9% SLA for covered services availability and have exceeded these in recent years. To minimise service disruption in the event of hardware failures, natural disasters, or other events, Google has highly redundant infrastructure across all of their data centres.
We will hold your personal data for as long as you are a member of the ENRICH network for which we are providing services and as long as you agree to this.
We make every effort to reduce the risks associated with data in transit over the internet by using appropriate technology, including (but not limited to) SSL for any of our websites or applications which collect data from you. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your data in the parts of its journey which are not under our direct control.
ENRICH also collects information via cookies. Cookies are small files of information that save and retrieve information about your visit to our site, such as how you entered our site, how you navigated through the site and what information was of interest to you.
This information is collected for a number of reasons, for example, to help develop the website and associated services.
Who do we share your personal data with?
Your data is only used for the purposes of administering and managing the ENRICH network. Your data may be shared with trusted third parties and partner organisations such as NHS Trusts who are part of the network, for the purpose of ENRICH activities only.
Navigation data and usage reporting is shared with trusted third parties providing analytics such as Google Analytics. We will never share personal information with other third parties without your consent.
Your rights over your personal data
The Data Protection Officer for the ENRICH Network is:
- Name of Data Protection Officer: John Ryder
- Address: Department of Health and Social Care, 39 Victoria Street, Westminster, London, SW1H 0EU
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the Data Protection Laws:
- the right of access to personal data relating to you
- the right to correct any mistakes in your information
- the right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
- rights in relation to automated decision making
- the right to restrict or prevent your personal data being processed
- the right to have your personal data ported to another data controller (e.g. if you decide to contract with a different supplier).
- the right to erasure
- the right to withdraw consent
These rights are explained in more detail on the Individual Rights section of the Guide to the General Data Protection Regulations on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
If you wish to exercise any of your data subject rights, please contact the NIHR Service Desk in the first instance – either:
Write to The NIHR Service Desk, Back Lane, Melbourn, Royston, SG8 6DP
- or Email: email@example.com
We will respond in a timely manner to any rights that you wish to exercise, and for Subject Access Requests (SARs) this has to be within a month of receiving your request unless the request is particularly complex
Contacting the regulator
It is important that you ensure you have read this privacy notice – and if you do not think that we have processed your data in accordance with this privacy notice – you should let us know as soon as possible.
Similarly, you may complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Information about how to do this is available at www.ico.org.uk.
Unless otherwise stated in writing, all material available in the ENRICH website and any linked websites including, without limitation as to generality, all user documentation, software, text, graphics and images (the “Content”) is provided without any warranties or guarantees.
The copyright subsisting in the Content is either owned by or licensed to us and is protected by national and international copyright. You may retrieve and view Content on a computer screen, print individual pages on paper and store such Content in electronic form on a disk for your own personal, non-commercial use. Except as set out above you may not reproduce, modify or in any way exploit (whether commercially or otherwise) any of the Content. Furthermore you may not: sell, amend or modify any of the Content; delete or otherwise obscure any copyright or intellectual property notice from any copies of the Content made by you; or extract for re-utilisation any substantial or material part or parts of the Site or Sites without our express written consent. You also may not create or publish your own database featuring any substantial or material parts of the Site or Sites or redistribute any of the Content by downloading and storing any of the Content or otherwise.
Any dealings with, and interest in, goods, promotions, services, or manufacturers or suppliers found on or through the ENRICH website are solely between you and the person with whom you are dealing unless expressly stated to the contrary by us. We will not be responsible for any loss or damages that may arise from any such dealings.
We are unable to accept responsibility for the content of other web sites or resources linked to this website; neither can we be deemed to have endorsed their content, products or services.
Whilst making every reasonable effort to ensure that all information provided by us is accurate at the time of its inclusion; from time to time there may be errors, inaccuracies or omissions in respect of which we exclude all liability. We make no representations or warranties about the information included on the Site or Sites (including links to third parties’ web sites). Any decisions based on the information contained on the Site or Sites are your sole responsibility.